How is hour New Years progress coming? I like to take my time to process the previous year and plan for the upcoming. I hope you are not discouraged in your goals. We have many tomorrows to accomplish our 2013 resolutions!
2012 was hard for me in many ways. I wanted to close the book on 2012 with 12 things to remember and be thankful for (in no particular order):
1. Spending 5 days as a couple in sunny Orange County California at the Resurgence Conference was one of the biggest highlights. We learned lots and were challenged. We also met Mark and Grace Driscoll. Overall it was a dream come true for both Chris and I.
2. Our new home. We’ve moved just 400m from where we were before but this suits us much better. We have an extra bathroom, more living space, and a lovely enclosed back yard for the kids to play. Plus we are already connecting with the neighbours.
3. A beautiful summer. I don’t have a specific memory but we spent lots of time at the beach (minutes from our place) and the weather was nice and hot through the season. Our potato farming friends could have used more rain but we thought the weather was just fine.
4. A big blessing in 2012 was moving to PEI for Chris’ job at the church. Chris was without work or working odd jobs for a while previously. We were thankful to have some stability again and truly where God wants us.
5. Making new friends and connecting with old acquaintances. Moving sometimes means having to start over. Not for us! We have felt so welcomed and were able to reconnect with Chis’ university friends and family we rarely saw previously. Plus our church family has been awesome!
6. The blessing of another pregnancy. This is fairly self-explanatory.
7. In the spring we began Dave Ramsey’s FPU. It has been pivotal in our finances!
8. Last winter i found the Leading and loving in online conference. I was so encouraged as a pastors wife. I look forward to it again in a few weeks!
9. Celebrating 5 years of marriage!
10. Cutting out Facebook. What a time absorber! I was finally convicted enough to shut it down for good. I’ve been freed up to focus better while I’m home with the kids and be more intentional with my friendships.
11. A new love of reading. I was never a big reader. I joined a book club with some of my mom friends and its just exploded from there. In the last year I read 7-8 WHOLE books! I know that seams silly to avid readers but I am notorious for starting a book and never reading it to the end.
12. Our farmers market and getting local food from our weekly veg box.
I have been apprehensive as to what 2013 will bring but I am choosing to anticipate a great year. As my goal for this year I am learning to be more thankful.
Our families’ theme verse for this year is Colossians 1:15-18 “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities – all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.
Happy New Year!