The last month I have been working on my thankful-ness. I have found that is alters my perspective on life and rather than complain and be negative I find joy in the small things. So…
Today is the anniversary of Oliver’s birth! I cannot believe we are already here!?! So to celebrate my adorable little boy I am going to list ten things I am thankful for over the last year because of Oliver’s little life:
I am thankful for…
1. for the easy pregnancy I had with Oliver, even though there were a few complications.
2. Perfect timing! I wanted a May baby, but Oliver came in November. I thank God he chose that day for Oliver to be born.
3. I am SO thankful that God answered my prayer and I was able to have a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarian) and there were no medical interventions or complications.
4. Early on in Oliver’s little life we found out he was sensitive to milk. This discovery drastically altered his mood as an infant and made life a little more manageable. Thank God for his wisdom!
5. Oliver being content to play on his own. This has come in handy many times! I can’t wait to see his imagination blossom!
6. that my boy can eat! Since his first tooth, at 5 or 6 months old, Oliver has eaten like a champion. I am thankful I have one good eater!
7. His SMILE! Look at that face…He also has the cutest baby, belly laugh I’ve heard.
8. His snuggles. He is my first baby to enjoy cuddling and snuggling.
9. how he loves his big sister. You can see his adoration for Natalee by the way he perks up whenever she’s around. Also, no one can make Oliver laugh like Natalee!
10. This may sound silly but, I am thankful he is a boy! There is something about a mother and her son. I can’t explain it but I am thankful that God has blessed me to raise him. I pray that God would continue to grant me wisdom and patience over the years. And ultimately we would bring glory to Him!
I know God has BIG plans for this boy!!!
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.